Sign in to follow this  
Maia

PoF Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast pets

Just saw this on Reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/74o3j0/on_cc_and_pets_an_extensive_look_at/ suggesting the new best CC pet is rock gazelle. I guess it's time I finally suck it up and go get all the new pets.

I haven't checked the wiki but someone posted this if anyone else is interested  https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/71xv5d/pof_rangers_unite_juvenile_pets_locations/

• Like 2

Good to know! Given that CC is lower on most new DPS specs, druids will need to do more breakbar work moving forward (chronos too).

I'll try to run tests for dps, but I recommend using the Iboga for possibly 2 reasons: In case of emergency, leaving Beastmode allows you to use its F2 pull to help. Afterwards, swapping pets could be necessary for further breaks w/ a more major dps loss. The other reason as a possibility is you can inflict torment, which is a bit more rare of a condition, and could increase the dps of a class that relies on amount of conditions. The main factor is obviously breaks, given that they're in shorter supply. Hope this helps

I ran EXTENSIVELY with pugs the last 2 days and breakbars are not an issue as long as everyone cc when they need to (as expected), just double cc pets is enough, wyvern/gazelle, moa/gazelle, do the job. I prefer wyvern/gazelle, they both do more breakbar damage than moa, and have more dps (best dps is wyvern), and wyvern cc can hit multiple times depending on hitbox size and rng.

As for soulbeast I'd just go with a dps pet, otherwise is a big dps loss, try to make a wise use of shortbow #5 and maybe slot spike trape instead of other utility.

3 hours ago, Mevic said:

I ran EXTENSIVELY with pugs the last 2 days and breakbars are not an issue as long as everyone cc when they need to (as expected), just double cc pets is enough, wyvern/gazelle, moa/gazelle, do the job. I prefer wyvern/gazelle, they both do more breakbar damage than moa, and have more dps (best dps is wyvern), and wyvern cc can hit multiple times depending on hitbox size and rng.

As for soulbeast I'd just go with a dps pet, otherwise is a big dps loss, try to make a wise use of shortbow #5 and maybe slot spike trape instead of other utility.

My post was exclusively for Soulbeast; I should have made that more clear. The Iboga being the dps pet

Yeah I bet ppl still prefer bleed as condi for the trait, some say bristleback is nice too, we're talking about small numbers anyway, difference shouldn't be huge, as long as it looks cool :P