Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Pyropuffin

Warrior Builds and why qT isn't the end all be all

So for the request about the alternatives to qT's super stupidly over complicated warrior build.  The easiest way to gear a condi PS (please note that I have no information nor do I particularly care to discover the DPS nonsense) is to go full viper's everything, armor, weapons and trinkets, with Aristocracy runes, Malice/Geomancy Sigils and Fried Golden Dumplings/Toxic Focusing Crystals.  Link to the build I personally run, just another way of looking at what I explained above. And a Video to show the rotation.

The alternative is to run the same, full viper's with aristocracy runes, but instead of running malice and geomancy, you run malice and strength sigils in your weapons and use Rare Veggie Pizzas (or w/e the lentil thingy is)/Toxic focusing crystals.  I personally do not like this build as much because the loss of the geomancy sigil hurts your adrenaline generation and makes it even more obnoxious to try and sneak in that last sword primal burst but it is not a terrible loss in dps.  

Disclaimer: I don't mean to imply that I know better than qT, (despite the clickbait title of course) clearly I don't as you can see in the video above my benchmark was 26,927 DPS which is a little over 2k dps lower than qT's build.  While there are definitely some rotational errors on my part, I don't think cleaning those up will get me too much higher than what I've shown in that video.  Its not the most min/max'ed build, its not the "best" but I know some people do not like the way qT mixes and matches stat sets and runes to get to the min/max and I talk a lot of shit about it not being truly necessary so I figure its probably a good idea to provide some proof to back up my claims.  It is worth noting that I do not run any stat infusions in my gear, I am way to cheap for that so while I included them in the build editor build just for the sake of being thorough I do not actually have them in my gear and that is reflected in the numbers you see in my video.

• Like 3

I also run the viper's/aristocracy/geomancy/malice gear load and concur with Pyro's assessment. The build's damage potential is strong and, I suspect, its might uptime vastly superior to the qT version. While the viperstocracy (new word!) version does slightly less DPS than their nightmare/trapper setup, it also allows for easy gear switching to a full DPS build. By using weapons with geo and malice sigils, condi PS converts to condi DPS warrior simply by slotting in Renegade runes and changing two traits in the Tactics line.

• Like 3

I agree, this is basically what I run on warrior too. Full vipers with runes of the berserker, malice + geomancy sigils. When I'm ps all I do is swap to an extra sword and longbow with strength + geomancy sigils and use dumplings.