Sign in to follow this  
Bone

Quickness Firebrand

Continuing a conversation from last night, here's what a quickness bot Firebrand build might look like:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf7fnsADdBjFBDWCBEEhl4BzaD8CeUVBgtU9a/lWT3pA-jhhAQB2c/RJoFPJAAU/AEV/BkK/AwTAgUA8srC-e

The intent behind the build is to distribute support duties to DPS, and maybe variety for variety's sake. Pair this FB build with a DPS chrono (who is only responsible for alacrity) and you'd cover the two most important contributions of a typical support Chrono. Would it be worth making two players responsible for the boon/effect duties usually performed by a single player? Maybe. A crude calculation of net gain or loss would be to compare the cumulative DPS of a) minstrel Chrono + full DPS Firebrand, and b) DPS alacrity Chrono + quickness Firebrand.  If b) is greater and the quickness/alacrity uptime comparable, then it would be worth experimenting.

Now, some notes about the quickness FB build. (*I have not field tested this thing, so my observations are preliminary.)

- Quickness FB ditches some pretty major damage modifiers in the firebrand trait line in favor of two quickness enhancers. Also, dropping Balthazar or Renegade runes hobbles your DPS a bit. It seems likely that quickness FB concedes at least 10k DPS to play this way, though, again, this is untested.

- Sword might be worth bringing over axe for some fights if the group needs the extra blinds from Symbol of Blades. Doing so costs some burning application, but for a fight like Sabetha in which the thugs' annoyance can be mitigated by blinds the swap could pay off.

- The very limited range of mantras sadly restricts quickness FB's viability to a few "stackable" fights. The problem is not how much quickness FB generates, but the way in which it generates quickness . . . via dinky radius and cone of sadness. 

- I know some people advocate bringing "Stand your ground!" or other stability-granting skills that activate the Stalwart Speed trait. This seems unnecessary.

- The quickness FB build requires a concentration sigil. Blerghhh. 

I don't know Chrono well enough to say, confidently, that it will synchronize with quickness FB without issue. So I throw this out to the guild. How does the build look? Do raiders want to try it? I am ready and willing to bring this speed-reader to the next raid night, but only if others are up for it.

Let me know your thoughts.  

I think this is worth exploring. Trying to get both condi duration and boon duration is kind of brutal...

Specifically for sabetha I favor using tome of courage 5 and/or stand your ground for stability instead of blinding mobs with sword.

Edited by temerity