Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Pyropuffin

Condi Mirage

Someone I know did a really good write up lemme copy pasta

'So I did some mirage testing tonight. Was wondering why it's better on large hitboxes. So here's how Illusionary Axes, aka your axe auto ambush attack works (just gonna call it ambush hereon): it spawns 2 axes on your character, which immedietly hits the golem when they spawn. Then they fly towards to golem as projectiles, each hitting once more. This gives a total of 4 hits from your ambush. Now if you are standing at max melee range, when the axes initially spawn on your character, they aren't close enough to the golem to get the spawn damage, and thus only do the projectile dmg - 2 hits total. This isn't a problem for you since all you need to do is not stand max melee range. Now here's where the difference comes in - the clones. The clones tend to stand at nearly max melee range when attacking. On a large hitbox they are still close enough to get the "spawn" damage of the axes, hitting 4 times. However on a small hitbox, they are not close enough to the golem to hit with the initial dmg of the axes spawning, so all you get is the prjectile dmg - 2 hits, as if it were you standing at max melee range. I also tested trying to weave F2 into my rotation. Unfortunately, the confusion from F2 is even less than a single ambush, so it's not worth the one second or so it takes to resummon the clones afterward. Additionally I tried using illusions instead of chaos, in order to get torment on shatter, and potentially more shatters, as well as +150 condi dmg off of compounding power. I also did some tests using ineptitude over superiorority complex. When running illusions I changed my runes to nightmare/trapper and swapped out a viper ring for sinister, to put me at 100.13% condi dur. End result: chaos > illusions supriority complex > ineptitude + shatter, however only slightly (but easier rotation)"

Basically, even if the gear and build are really close to old condi mirage, it functions slightly diffirently in that your DPS comes from the massive confusion stacks you can generate from your ambush attacks. So you're basically spamming ambushes with dodges and mirage mirrors without overlapping them while maintaining 3 clones and using axe 3 off CD(edited)

One nice thing about the build is how much time you spend in evade frames because of energy sigil and mirage mirrors. And you don't get animation locked like DD

This is a direct quote from a discord I'm on, leaving space here to add to it with my own thoughts later