Maia

Forming a new Raid Squad: Copperheads

Tl;dr: I'm not giving one! Please at least skim over this entire (admittedly long) post. I want everyone to be on the same page. Believe me, it took me waaay longer to write it than it will take you to read it.

303px-Agkistrodon_contortrix_contortrix_

Hi guys,

As I briefly mentioned, I'm interested in forming a new raid squad, the Copperheads. I want this squad to be a little more "hardcore" than Boomslang. The reason behind this is I want us to be able to achieve some specific goals.

Goals 

Group:

1. Finish working on wing 5 and get it on farm 
  2. Clear 3 wings per night (2.5 hrs) of "old" content
  3. CMs: Deimos, Samarog, SH, 5 minute statues, Dhumm, etc (after we have wing 5 on farm, order up for discussion.)

Individual: Achieve 90th percentile DPS or boon output for support classes on all bosses according to GW2 Raidar.

To recruit high quality players to fill a new static, we need to have requirements and a trial period. If we want to ask new members to satisfy certain requirements, it's only fair if our current group members meet those same requirements. Many NPCers meet these requirements already, and I don't think they are impossible for any of us who want to meet them. 

Requirements 

1. 150+ LI (1 set Legendary armor also accepted.)
  2. Killed all bosses in Wings 1-4. At least attempted Wing 5 (kill proof preferred but not required).
  3. Have 1 geared support class (chrono, druid, BS, support renegade, auramancer), 1 power dps, one condi dps
  4. Submit an API code for a gear and boss kills check (will need character and achievement permissions. Put LI in characters inventory or give appropriate permissions for me to see material storage.)
  5. For dps players: be able to achieve 85% of benchmark on the golem for classes you want to play and submit log via GW2 Raidar as proof. (Only squad leader will see these submissions. They are not for the entire group to view.) When you gear a new class for raiding you must submit another log (a 2 week grace period will be in effect.)
  6. For support players: Be able to keep up appropriate buffs and boons. I will use Raidar to compare to other players.
  7. Ability to regularly attend our raids at 8:30 EST and stay until they are finished at 11 pm EST BOTH Monday and Wednesday. 
  8. Spend 15-30 minutes each week improving your raid play. Preferred way to do this is either rotation practice on the golem or pugging raids. If you can't do either of those a particular week it's also acceptable to spend that time: watching footage of "elite" groups, critically watching footage of our group/your own play, researching and suggesting strats for the group, or gearing characters (farming mats, etc.). Raiding with NPC does not count.

I also want to make some small tweaks to the way we run our sessions. These are not vastly different from previous groups, they are more reminders to improve efficiency. These expectations come down to respecting the time and commitment of your fellow raiders. If everyone follows them, you won't waste others' time and they won't waste yours.

Group expectations

1. No ninja AFKing. I realize stuff can occur during raids (doorbell, spouse/baby/child/pet aggro, etc.) But if you are frequently "brb" during raid time (more than 1 per session without explanation) or disappearing without even saying anything it will be addressed.
  2. While the group is new and we are learning new encounters please keep off topic chit chat to a minimum. This is to allow people to concentrate. When we are satisfied with the speed and ease at which we are killing stuff, we will ease up on this.
  3. All members will be expected to keep up with changes to their class as far as gear, rotations, etc. When the meta changes you may need to gear a new class. Again, 2 week grace period from the time SC or qT post their builds. The more classes you have geared the better as it allows us to optimize.
  4. Be on time. Whatever time we decide to raid that is START time-as in we will be pulling the boss at that time. If you are chronically late (more than 3 times) it will be addressed.
  5. I will assume you will be at the raid unless you let me know. Please try to give me notice as far in advance as possible if you can't make it. I will post an agenda and comps on the website before each raid night. You are responsible for having checked your assignment and being ready to play that role(s) and/or class(es).
  6. Don't be a jerk. Mistakes happen. Treat others as you would want them to treat you. We're all trying our best and want to improve. If you can give someone advice in a pleasant manner, do so. If you can't, keep it to yourself. On the flip side, you need to be able to at least listen to someone else's suggestion with a good attitude even if you don't agree.
  7. You must run meta gear and food at all raid encounters except under special, previously approved circumstances (e.g., 2 week gearing grace period, practice pulls agreed to by the group, etc.)

In general, I expect people to have a main role. As we develop as a group, I'm happy to have nights where people learn and/or try new roles or for people to switch (as long as they meet previously mentioned requirements. Again, 2 week grace period.)

Roster updated 1/24/2017

1. Chrono tank-Pyro
  2. Off chrono- 
  3. Druid-
  4. Healer/Support/DPS (This person will run a healer/support if we need it and dps if we don't.)-Maia
  5. BS-Khani
  6. DPS-Strange
  7. DPS (support when we need it)-Mevic
  8. DPS-Temerity
  9. DPS-Abys
  10. DPS-Vivid

Substitutes ("on the bench")

• Ser
  • Twisted
  • Fred
  • Bone
  • Mold
  • Kintari

I understand if not everyone is onboard with this agenda. It is ambitious and represents a shift from how we've been operating. It might also represent a big change in how you've been playing or want to play. I understand that, and I understand if this isn't what you want. Please be honest with yourself and the group if this isn't for you. No one will be mad; we'll all still be friends. 

To move forward with this, I'd first like to get a count of how many current NPCers are interested and in what roles. If we have a good core group, I will start recruiting nonNPCers for trials which will be held starting the week of January 15. I'd appreciate it if people let me know ASAP, but I'll base our recruiting needs on how many have responded by January 4 (2 weeks from today. Please post below.). This is the timeframe to express interest NOT to have met all requirements. I will give everyone until January 29 for that (2 weeks after we start trials.)

I propose sticking with our Monday/ Wednesday 8:30 to 11 schedule. If that doesn't work for you let me know and we can discuss moving the time/day.

I'm excited about this and hope you decide to join me!

I'm in! :P

I'd like to be either Druid, DPS, or Healer/Support/DPS.

I will post my API key and golem logs in the members only section of our forums ASAP. (Note: I don't expect everyone to post this stuff. However, it's only fair for me to so that you can see I'm holding myself to the same standards as everyone else in the squad.)

51 minutes ago, Kintari said:
7 hours ago, Maia said:

Group expectations

Lol. Words of wisdom from Kintari. 

1 hour ago, Fred T W said:

Wednesdays are often taken up during the year for me. Will this squad have any substitute or temporary roles?

That is an excellent question Fred (and one I admit I hadn't through through all the way.) 

We will definitely have a sub list (which you are welcome to join). I intend to recruit a full 10 man squad of people committed to attending raids regularly, so I won't be able to guarantee subs a specific amount of raid time. (I want to be honest about what to expect.) 

It is also very possible we will need some temporary or sub members until we can recruit enough people to fill the squad. Specifically in January when we start back up again. Hopefully that phase won't be too long (no more than a few weeks.) Unfortunately, I won't be able to be very specific about those needs until we get closer to the time and I know how recruitment is going.

Hopefully that answers your question. Let me know if anything isn't clear :)

Hey, I can participate both nights.

I can play druid, BS, DPS (power and condi), healer/support/DPS. Pretty much everything but chrono tank or off (even tho I have em geared and never got to play or learn em. I may play em in 2 weeks or 2 years, who knows)

If you'll have me I'll join. I'd prefer not Mondays since that's the day Attuned does guild missions and I miss doing that with them. I'd like my main class to be warrior BS.

26 minutes ago, Khani said:

If you'll have me I'll join. I'd prefer not Mondays since that's the day Attuned does guild missions and I miss doing that with them. I'd like my main class to be warrior BS.

I'll take a poll to see if people can switch to Tuesday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. We'll go with whatever works for the most people in the group.

Im in. I will main Druid but as always play what is necessary. One thing I want to mention is that my Druid healing gear is all stat capped with +5 infusions from fractal currencies. Its a little pricey, and removes that character from my fractal rotation, but if we are going for optimal squad comps being stat capped should at least be a goal for people to keep in mind. 

I will likely stat cap a dps character next but I am going to wait until the group crystallizes a bit to choose which class.