Sign in to follow this  
Maia

You never know with pugs...

So tonight I decided to practice DD/tempest in Wing 1 and joined a pug from one of the lfg raid guilds I belong to. To my surprise one of my pug mates was a semi well known streamer, luality. You can see the footage here: https://www.twitch.tv/luality/v/115053989

It starts around 45:00. My favorite part is around 1:05 when her twitch followers insult my choice of class and decide it would be better if I was running guardian. O.o The part where someone calls her lazy for not porting us past the champ in spirit run is pretty funny too.

You really never know who you're running with when you pug. Although I should have probably figured it out from her name and guild tag [cute].

Even more exciting, after she left we did Sabetha and I did 'even' cannons for the first time and no missed cannons! Whoooo! It's possible I'll become a competent DD! :no1:

Pug tryhards are the worst kind of tryhard.  Guarantee all of the haters were baddies.

I did some aerodrome testing across most of my characters a couple of days ago and thief wrecked all of them.  I think the only thing I managed to beat thief on (and only by 1k) was staff tempest on a large hitbox.  Granted I didn't spend a lot of time tightening up rotations but it was like a 5k DPS difference in most cases so I doubt it would have changed anything.  Basically you can never go wrong bringing a thief IMO.  Stupidly high damage, 3 dodges, best mobility, great breakbar, and shortest CD stun break in the game.

Grats on your cannon running accomplishments.  I will be more than happy to let you do evens in the future.

• Like 1

My testing shows the exact same thing:

Thief = Condi ranger < Staff tempest on large hitbox by 4-6k (depending on how good my rotation is that day)

I think DD is supposed to be slightly better than condi ranger, but I'm more familiar with ranger than DD so, oh well.

The more I play DD the more I've come to love the extra dodge :lv:

I can't promise a repeat of my flawless performance every time (beginners luck haha), but I'm feeling more comfortable and would be happy to give one of our regular cannon runners a break if they would like. 

Maia has a cross-channel presence. She is becoming a twitch star by proxy!

Did you guys include full alacrity when working on the ele #s. As I understand it, the alacrity is supposed to push staff past DD on everything but small hitboxes. And the small hitbox fights probably justify bringing ele anyway, as they all have adds that can hurt. That requires a strong rotation and everything, of course. But alacrity is easily 90% on all fights now, or should be.

My #s in previous boomslang have seen ele outperforming dd in dps in every fight where roles are similar. Not sure if that's adequate data to counter your tests, but it's something.