Sign in to follow this  
Micaiah

WvW Servers

Since wvw has been active lately, some of us were thinking about getting more of us onto the same server possibly by group funding (or at least subsidizing) transfers to whatever server we might choose.  We need to know who may be interested and transferring and what servers everyone is on at the moment. Anyone who would prefer everyone move to their server for any particular reason, this is the place to pitch your server as well. Once we've discussed some we will make some decisions and start figuring out who needs to move and how much money would need to be raised.

• Like 1

I enjoy WvW and it would be nice to do it with people I know for once instead of joining random zergs and hoping the tag isn't braindead this time.  No issues with transfering to another server but just in case anyone was interested I'm pretty sure the Darkhaven server troll MonkeyShinezz trumps any other team chat cancer you're likely to find and is always good for a bundle of laughs while watching pugs get rolled.

• Like 1

Count me in as a donor. Bone, Ser, Drago, and I (Fred too?) are all on Henge of Kohlrabi, which should not be the destination. I don't think any of us WvW in an organized way, right?

I'll gladly throw cash at that to get us over to a common server.

I support this as well. Dedicating a night to WvW would be delightful, and I've long hoped to get into roaming/havoc-wreaking.

Mold has it right. I am on Henge of Denravi (along with Ser and Fred). After playing in the mists a decent amount the past few days, I found the HoD WvW scene rather pleasant. Active but without long queues (25 peeps for EB during peak hours) and surprisingly little hostility amongst the players. The server held its own in big and small skirmishes. But, small sample size and all that. I am not particularly loyal to HoD and would be willing to transfer to a server that can accommodate as many of us as possible. However, I have no desire to seek out the most competitive, hardcore server. And trolls are not reason enough for me to relocate (sorry, Pyro). We have enough under our guild bridge as is.

Looking forward to hearing from others.

As most of you know, I participated in WvW extensively before I joined NPC. I'm on Tarnished Coast with Osh and Khani (and my husband of course. I believe most of you know him as Doc). While I would love to WvW with NPC, I'm hesitant to leave TC. I've been on TC for several years and have had some good times here. Although TC has had some recent difficulties and fallen in ranking since I first got here, I think the community is competitive enough that you can grow and improve, but not so hard core that it's annoying. I also think TC has a good "never give up" spirit-even when we were stuck getting steam rolled in T1 I remember having a good time. That's not to say of course that everyone on TC is an angel. I also think we have some good commanders and guilds. If we are going to do small group roaming it's helpful to have a Zerg distracting the enemy's Zerg so you don't get steam rolled all the time. Based on what I've seen recently several of the  pugmanders and guild commanders are good at and comfortable with coordinating with smaller groups.

Another thing for us to consider is world status. Tarnished Coast is very high which means people could transfer in if they want. I have been participating in wvw this week and the EU queues are nonexistent. The NA prime queues seems to be in the 20s (maybe Osh and/or Khani can comment on that), but after this initial rush I think it will die down to reasonable but still very well populated.

I also wanted to mention that I'd be happy to donate to help people move (even if we decide that TC isn't where we want to be). Also I have an alt account that is currently on FA (not that we could move there because it's full), but I might consider moving that one depending on where we go.

Edited by Maia

I am on DH with Pyro and Lou. There is a guild I run with on there that goes by SG and when they are running WvW the loot is great and well it would always be nice to have more people to roam with. And not much more fun out there than rolling a zerg over with ~20 people.

So it seems like the two option suggested so far are Tarnished Coast and Darkhaven. Tarnished Coast is a very high population server whereas Darkhaven is a medium population server. The cost of transferring to a very high population server would be 1800 gems (~500g). Transferring to a medium population server would cost 500 gems (150g) per person. This is definitely a difference worth taking into consideration. HoD is the same transfer cost and population as TC, so if no one is particularly attached to it I think we could probably rule that out.

When I first started playing GW2 I came for WvW and had to transfer servers several times to find enough players desiring to smash faces in rather than participate in the famous 'Yak parade'. I'm on Blackgate and am willing to swap to another server. I'd rather go to TC or another highly populated server even if it is more expensive based on my previous experience with WvW.

Hi everyone!

I wanted to bring this topic back and see if anyone still has interest. Just yesterday more servers opened up. I guess the backpack rush is over and population is mostly back to normal. I've been playing WvW a good amount lately, and my husband and I have decided to switch servers at the relinking  on August 25. I still like TC and hope to come back some day, but in my limited playtime it's not working for me right now. Anyways, I thought I'd put my plan out there and see if anyone else is interested. If we could get together 5ish people who are interested in playing regularly, we could start a "war snakes" havoc squad.

Here's the tentative timeline:

August 25: relink occurs

Sometime before September 1: everyone moves to new server. If pips are important to you, get pips on your current server before you move because you won't be getting them on the new one until you've been on it for a full match.

Match September 1-8: this match you won't get pips because you weren't on the server the entire match before. However we can still play.

Match September 8-15: You start getting pips again.

As far as servers go I was considering two choices: 

1. Transfer to the highest ranked server we can and make it our new home (basically intend to stay). This would probably cost everyone 1800 gems as we'd move to a very high pop server. If the ranks and the open/full servers don't move around much right now this would be DB, but we could also consider SBI. 

2. Transfer to the server linked to the highest server we can. Because it's a linked server, it's possible we'd want to move again at the next link. Right now that would be Devonas Rest (this is just an example, it probably won't be Devonas after relink). The good part about this is it would be cheap at only 500 gems, but we might want to move again in a two months (it's possible we won't though) and if we did, we'd loose a week of pips again.

So if anyone is interested, meaning they want to do this, please reply and say which server option you prefer (1, 2, or another suggestion).

When we discussed this before we had several votes for Darkhaven. We could consider that too after we see who their new link is. 

Edited by Maia