Sign in to follow this  
spltscreen

Balance gymnastics: August 2017 edition

If my sad math is right, power-based Chronos will now have access to about 13% boon duration from consumables, compared to 30% previously. There's going to be a lot more commander's gear in the mix or more builds with Chaos in them. And Minstrel-based builds are comparatively more appealing, given the way the new M. Oils will work. I think this reduces build diversity a bit. Playing without Conc. Sigil is not an option anymore, eh?

Condi builds seem like they're hit very hard, no? You can only get about 10% condi duration from consumables.

Condi builds will go back to using sigil of malice likely and will take a beating but they won't be hit as hard.  The Earth and Geomancy sigils are only like 2k dps each or something like that so replacing one won't be the end of the world.  Condi PS is probably going to take the big hit as they have to use sigil of strength so we may see a return to the Smoldering sigil/Fried Golden Dumplings meta in order to still max out on burn duration.  For all those sneaky beaky investors, Superior Sigils of Malice are craftable and require 1 Orichalcum Ingot, 1 Glob of Ectoplasm, 1 Corrupted Lodestone, and 250 Watchwork Sprockets.  May not be a bad investment into some of those markets.

I was right about warrior! Also a PSA to anyone who does not know, HoT runes and sigils like leadership runes are available for proof of heroics instead of the corresponding HoT currency if you play a lot of wvw and want to save yourself some farming when the new builds are cemented etc.

With the new explosives traits, I think there is potentially for Engineer to be either a primary, or very strong supplementary might stacker. Both Power and Condi setups would be modifications of the DPS setups, swapping Scholar to Strength and Berserker to Aristocracy for example, but I am unsure exactly utilities to setup with. Power is a bit simpler, I wanted to experiment with going ham on the blasts and bringing very strong CC in the form of Thumper + Traited Mine + Bomb Kit. Maybe keep Nades for the new toolbelt over Thumper to retain that damage. 

• Like 1

Thought I'd post these for anyone who's not stalk--- err...following all the members of qT on YouTube. (Not to mention my flight is delayed so...) I don't think they have updated the website yet.

Chrono:

Domi/Illus

Domi/Insp

Domi/Duel

Chaos/Insp

Illu/Insp

Mesmer:

Power without staff

Tempest:

Condi

Standard staff

Daredevil:

Condi D/D solo

Condi D/D group

Staff

Ranger

Condi with sylvan hound

Condi with entangle

Revenant

Condi

So I've been playing around with the warrior set-ups myself for a want to do 100CM more often and having something other than necro to bring in tryhard comps and honestly I am inclined to agree with Nike that the best way to build the class is either option that uses Geomancy sigils.  the setup I'm running right now is the Malice/Strength setup with full viper's and Rare Veggie Pizza's and the adrenaline bar is awkward to base your rotation around without that little oomph from the geomancy sigil in my opinion.  I will report back when I've done more testing with and without the geo sigils.

1 hour ago, Bone said:

Thanks for posting these, Maia. You're making it easier to track the balance changes on the road.

Hi Bone! Has it been 6 weeks yet? We miss you!

• Like 1