Sign in to follow this  
Kintari

Condi Ranger DPS

I only tried condi ranger once while soloing Migraine, in the Canach fight. With a mixed set and rest ascended stuff, it worked well and was fun. But now with all the buffs and considering I'm a sylvari and have a spare ascended set in my bank... 

While I absolutely love "Take Root" (Sylvari Elite), if you have more than just the boss there I would personally consider it a loss to use and would prefer to use the standard elite. For example: At Deimos I was watching one stream and the turrets were attacking the grabby hands (soul feast). And while you can't kill the soul feast hands, it does act as a target and makes using seed turrets there a bad option. Same would go for Sloth, you'd run the risk of the turrets attacking the teammate slubling. But that's with any fight you need to tailor your skills/utilities just for that fight and not just take the standard build everywhere just because it is the highest DPS. 

I'll have to take my condi-ranger into the golem and try it out myself. I have one geared already and I love playing her in open world, might have to give it a try for raiding sometime!

• Like 1