Sign in to follow this  
Mold

Mursaat Overseer

OK, we only had a handful of pulls at boss 2 in the new wing. But we learned a lot. I'm confident we'll have it down next time we raid. To help with that, here's a map of the arena and the spikes pattern. The pattern changes at each 25% health threshold.

edit: removed incomplete map

Mursaat Overseer map.png

• Like 3

That is a fantastic map, Mold. Well done. 

Looking at it, I wonder if it would be possible to more-or-less stay rooted in two squares for the first 75% of the fight. You would just alternate between the safe zones and reclaim an adjacent tile when necessary. For example, if we occupied the easternmost middle two squares, moving and (re) claiming orange when necessary, we wouldn't need to kite the Overseer around the room. The burn would be much faster. Under 25% we'd have to be mobile, but the first 3/4 of the fight seem to allow a more stationary approach than we took last night.

Or, perhaps a quadrant of squares is necessary and I am overstating the ease of claiming nearby safe ones. In which case, this localized strategy is bunk. Still, I think we can move a lot less.

I was also thinking about this and moving less definitely sounds like the right approach to the fight.  When we alternate between 2 squares we can position the overseer in between and keep him inside of fields for as long as possible.  For 4 squares we could just keep him in the middle.

Mold, I was expecting an MS paint and you delivered.  Well done.

• Like 1

OK. Last map. Mostly for posterity, as this fight turned out to be very easy once we could spend more than 15 minutes on it.

Mursaat Overseer tank map.png

• Like 1