Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Pyropuffin

Class Discussion

So with the advent Path of Fire bringing the new Specs to live I wanted to bring this up for people to keep in the back of their mind while exploring all the crazy shenanigans the new elite specs and stat types offer.  Right now we have a decent spread of variety within the players in the guild and our raid team.  We are able to clear the wings with the comp we wish for almost all of the time but there have been quite a few times lately where one or two people can't make a raid night and suddenly that comp that we want to run starts getting very tricky to put together and involves a lot of convoluted swapping in order to reach the desired result.  While I for one would love nothing more than to see the new specs replace the HoT specs and give our group a great deal more flexibility, unfortunately if we are being realistic there are quite a few things that will not change.  Chronomancers, Warriors, and Druids will almost never be replaced in their entirety, the buffs they give are just too strong to replace them entirely.  Also to be considered are the fact that it is entirely likely that the new wings released with Path of Fire will likely require some specialized roles such as hand kiter at deimos or shard kiter at Cairn.  I won't sit here and tell people to go out and immediately start gearing things out, but I think it would be wise to start thinking about what classes everyone is able to play and where those classes fall into the three major raid roles, Condi DPS, Power DPS, and Utility.

I would like to suggest to everyone to look into what classes you have geared and feel confident in playing, if you can not say that you have at least 1 class from each of those roles perhaps that is what you should look into gearing next for the good of the raid group as a whole.  Also things such as hand kiter rev and other specialized builds, as it stands right now Kintari and I are the only ones in the group that I know of who have a set up for that role, meaning that if both of us are out for a night that's a whole boss that might as well be off limits to the group that night.  I understand that gearing alts is expensive, and I understand that there are a lot of people who have one or two classes they like to play and have no desire to gear everything else, and that is fine.  I won't sit here as much as I want to and tell everyone to go gear a certain number of alts or w/e nonsense but it would mean a lot to the overall success of our group if other people would consider taking up the mantle of some of these roles that we are lacking in so that we are able to comfortably move forward into whatever the Path of Fire raids will bring for us.

• Like 3

I'm not part of the static group but I have a geared semi experienced hand kiter, so if you need one you can give me a shout, meanwhile I'll keep practicing with those nasty hands :P

Thanks, Mevic!

And yes to everything Pyro said back in Sept! We will still need those three utility classes--nothing's changed there. That's 6 spots in every raid. We need condi dps for some fights, power for others--that's likely to continue.

It's also worth noting something Bone brought up last night (and others have been talking about, I'm sure): some of the newer elites that are occupying highest DPS slots at the moment lack CC (and depending on the class, vulnerability application). So, we'll have to pay a bit more attention to ensuring mechanics are covered as we explore new elites in the DPS roles.