Sign in to follow this  
Maia

Mursaat Overseer Challenge Mode

I want the mini Eye of Janthir. I see no reason to buy it off the trading post when we can earn it ourselves. (I'm going to assume you all want it too.) Not to mention all the other cool loot you get from completing a challenge mode. Therefore, I'm putting together some resources for us for after we kill Deimos. Please add info if you've found some.

New mechanics: 
Blue stuff: Every 30 seconds, blue stuff appears on four tiles on the floor. The blue tiles are different for every player. You must stand on one of the blue tiles as it expires or it's instadeath.

Strategy: 
I don't think the movement and spikes are any different. 
To be safe you may want to bring a movement skill such as blink, lighting flash, shadow step, etc. (see povs below) Sometimes the blues and spikes are close in timing and you have to get to your blue square quickly at the last second. 
The blue color appears for approximately 5 seconds before it expires.
Having someone call blues seems helpful (:05 ish and :35 ish)

Videos:
Mesmer tank pov

Tempest pov: 

Condi Druid: https://youtu.be/Ww2eq90kj6I (that last minute Dad button!)

Edited by Maia
  • Like 1

With our Deimos kill, I'm excited we're getting closer to challenges!

Just wanted to update this. As far as I can tell Necro seems to be meta for overseer challenge mode. Why? You guessed it, epidemic! I guess it makes sense with ele nerfs. Good news for people who like playing Necro. Bad news for people (who shall remain nameless) who are triggered by Necro in raids.

That makes a lot of sense. I like the idea of bringing 2 condi rangers and 2 necros. qT kills on this vid just before things get really ugly (when the only non-spike tiles are the 4 corner tiles). I think whoever does captures for us will have to try to keep as much of the platform clear as they can throughout the 2nd half of the fight.

So I was researching the blue square patterns and they are not random. I charted out mine to clarify the pattern for myself and thought I'd share it. I'm not sure if the overall pattern is random or not (meaning I had the pattern labeled "1" first, but someone else might have "3" or "7" first). I think we've already figured this out, but you've always got a blue in one of the 4 middle squares. I've been putting this info together with more videos but haven't come to any conclusions yet. I have a few strategies I like and will post when I've collected more "data."

Interesting things to note:

• Only one blue square appears in any column or row at a time.
  • Only 4 patterns exist. 
  • Similar to the middle, you will always have one blue available to you on one of the three squares adjacent to each corner or the corner square itself. (So, if we have to go to the corner at the end because of low dps we can still make our blues. As long as they don't line up perfectly with the spikes, which is the case in the middle anyways.)

My first pattern looked like this:

large.58cab78836a5b_Untitleddrawing(1).jpg

Over the course of the entire fight it ended up looking like this:

large.58cab69559d4a_MursaatOverseerChallengemodebluesquarescomplete.jpg

Edited by Maia
  • Like 4

As far as tanking strategies go, The person with the claim button probably needs to decide on that. We may want to consider abandoning our "stay in the middle" strat because the corners are just as "safe" as the middle regarding blues and it would allow us to delay two of the adds longer. I have yet to find a good start that ensures we only encounter one powered up add at a time. That would be the holy grail for us druids (and everyone who likes a fullish health bar).

I think Mold mentioned the method used by KING at our last raid.

Elaborate drawing of this strat: 

large.58cc4e04362eb_Kingstrategy.jpg

I've looked at a few videos and I'm partial to the method used by Snow Crows. Three POVs have been posted from that run (see below). Again, I really don't think there is a right or wrong here. The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do. (Why don't we have a pirate emoticon? That would go perfect right here. Please tell me someone else got this reference)

Elaborate drawing of this strat:

large.58cc4e67ee05f_SCstrategy.jpg

Edited by Maia
  • Like 3

This thread is the best thing on the internet. The research...the chart craft...glorious.

Next time we do it:

• We camp in the bottom right quadrant until 25%, at which point the spikes will drive us off
  • We'll call blues, but it's up to individuals to avoid the spikes
  • We suppress the two bottom right adds indefinitely
  • We do not slow a third add; letting it go should bring 2 scouts to us simultaneously, which will allow us to epi them down as one. It should also limit the period during which CA is required to ~10 seconds during that first 75%.
  • We save protect for dad emergencies in the final 15%
  • We should consider having warriors and dps-ers bring a block, invuln, or blink. It's pretty much guaranteed that most of us will have to stand in yellow to catch a blue at least once in the final stages.